Position 4 Candidates
Position 4 Candidates Charles Pulliam, John P Mahon, and James Abbey
Page will automatically scroll through each candidate biography every five seconds until the user clicks on a page. Use the arrow buttons on the sides to navigate through each of the biographies.
Charles Pulliam - Position 4 Candidate
Bringing Calm and Clarity to Nassau Bay City Council
Charles has a natural desire to leave the world in much better condition than he found it. He inspires people with an optimistic attitude to care for others the same way he supports those he comes into contact with. Charles takes time to prepare for important conversations or discussions by collecting lots of background in-formation to ensure he interacts from an informed position. He brings an upbeat perspective. He is confident about his ability to talk with people from all walks of life. Charles is known as a strategic thinker.
Charles currently serves his community in the following capacities:
- Nassau Bay - Unified Development Code Committee
- Nassau Bay - Transparency Task Force
- League City Regional Chamber of Commerce B.O.D. - Governance Division Chair
- Thought Leadership Council League City - Aerospace
- Houston Veteran’s Chamber of Commerce - B.O.D.
- Houston Methodist Clear Lake - Board of Trustees
- Certified Texas Public Educator
Charles is a U.S. Air Force veteran. He graduated from LeTourneau University, summa cum laude, with a Bachelor of Business Management (BBM) degree. He earned a Masters of Business Administration (MBA) from Dallas Baptist University.
Charles and his wife Jenee have lived in Nassau Bay since 2018 and plan to stay forever. They have 3 children.
“Understanding how to come to understand people is an invaluable leadership skill.” - Charles Pulliam
Candidate Applications & Forms
John P Mahon - Position 4 Candidate
John Mahon has lived in Nassau Bay since 1999. He is the father of five (5) wonderful children who were all raised here in Nassau Bay. John is a parishioner at St. Mary’s Catholic Church and has always been active both in the local and regional community as well as the Clear Creek school system.
- Served on Nassau Bay City Council for 8 years 2013-2021
- Board Member of Nassau Bay Economic Development Corporation for 2013-2021
- Member of Houston-Galveston Area Committee (HGAC) for 2015-2021
- Currently serves on the Architectural Review Committee for the Nassau Bay HOA
- Served as Board member of Nassau Bay Nauticats for 7 years; active member for 17 years
- Served as Board member representing Nassau Bay for 5 years in the Clear Creek Swim League
- Chairperson for Nassau Bay Special Events Committee from 2005-2012.
- CCISD Finance committee 2012-2014
- CCISD Boundary Committee 2013-2014
John graduated from the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy in Kings Point, NY, and was commissioned as an officer in the US Naval Reserve where he served until he was honorably discharged in 2005 as a Lieutenant Commander. He holds a limited masters license and sailed for several years as an officer on deep water tankers.
John has worked for Kinder Morgan Inc. since 2002 and is currently the Director of Business and Commercial Development in Houston. He has been responsible for multiple development projects for midstream energy expansion as well as renewable fuels. He is a regular speaker at industry conferences on energy and renewable fuels integration as well as a guest speaker to the US State Department and locally here at Rice’s Baker Institute for Public Policy on energy infrastructure. John has been a consultant for a number of commercial entities that invest in energy infrastructure.
James Abbey - Position 4 Candidate
James Abbey, PhD, MBA, FRSB - Candidate for Position 4 City Council
As one of the original families in Nassau Bay, James Abbey is deeply committed to the community where he is now raising his own family. James’ father served as Director of JSC during the early days of the space program, which motivates James to preserve Nassau Bay’s space heritage for future generations.
James has spent the majority of his career working with local, state, and federal governments to achieve mutually beneficial results for communities. Examples include working with the DOD, HHS, US Reserve Command, Army Corps of Engineers, and Texas’ Parks & Wildlife, General Land Office and Workforce Commission to:
- Increase funding and minimize flooding,
- Improve coastal communities’ economic performance, and
- Deliver over $26M in infrastructure/medical/public outreach improvements to communities in South Texas.
As a successful business and service leader, James has the skills and experience to lead Nassau Bay and ensure a prominent place in the greater Bay Area community. He brings a collaborative approach and track record of implementing innovative solutions for complex civic challenges.
- Keep Nassau Bay a safe community that benefits from upgraded infrastructure (waste water/flood pumping/road and sewer systems)
- Develop a cohesive strategy to enhance economic growth in our commercial corridor by attracting businesses that benefit the community and enhance the tax base
- Work with State, County, and Federal governments to secure resources to improve, protect, and preserve Nassau Bay
- Create a system that allows for economic impact and fiscal analysis so projects demonstrate long-term value for the community
- Deliver clear communication among Council, PublLucie Johannes Sommer - Campaigic Works, Police, community partners, residents and businesses
MBA & PhD in Nanotechnology, Swansea University
B.S., Engineering, Organic Chemistry, HR Management, University of North Texas
B.A. Business, New Mexico Military Institute
Texas A&M - Adjunct Professor
Founder, Calon Cardio Technologies
Boy Scout Parent