- How Do I?
- Get Involved
- Follow the City on Social
Follow the City on Social
Follow Nassau Bay's Social Media Channels:
|City of Nassau Bay, Texas||www.facebook.com/nassaubay|
|Nassau Bay Police Department||www.facebook.com/NassauBayPD|
|Nassau Bay Volunteer Fire Department||www.facebook.com/nassaubayfire|
|City of Nassau Bay EMS||www.facebook.com/NassauBayEms|
|City of Nassau Bay Animal Shelter||www.facebook.com/NassauBayAnimalshelter|
|NextDoor||City of Nassau Bay||nextdoor.com/agency-detail/tx/nassau-bay/city-of-nassau-bay/|
|YouTube||Nassau Bay Television|
(Videos featuring exciting activities or important information about the City)
City of Nassau Bay's Social Media Policy
Please review the following Social Media Policy of the City of Nassau Bay, Texas:
The following terms and conditions apply to all official City of Nassau Bay social media sites. All postings on an official social media site are considered public record and may be treated as such under the Texas Public Information Act.
Social media is not an appropriate option for reporting urgent matters of any type. If you have an emergency please call 9-1-1 immediately. Please contact the appropriate City department with urgent needs/or complaints, or contact the 24-hour Non-Emergency dispatch line at 281-333-2944. Contact information for City departments may be found online at www.nassaubay.com.
Communication made through social media sites shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to the City of Nassau Bay or any of its agencies, officers, employees, agents or representatives with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action.
Moderating and posting comments will occur during regular business hours Monday through Friday. Comments submitted after hours or on weekends/holidays will be read the following business day.
All City of Nassau Bay social media sites are moderated channels, meaning all comments will be reviewed for content. Further, users are advised that all posts, comments and messages sent or received via a City social media site are archived to comply with the Texas Public Information Act. If you have specific questions regarding a City of Nassau Bay program or service that involves details you do not wish to share publicly, please find departmental resources and contact points at www.nassaubay.com.
The City of Nassau Bay may withhold from distribution, posting or broadcast content that violates a federal, state or local law or content that violates these terms and conditions. Improper behavior per the terms and conditions of the host social media site will be reported when necessary.
Content which may be withheld from distribution, posting or broadcast, or reviewed by legal counsel (all comments are subject to record archiving):
- Violates this Social Media Policy;
- Contains information about official City business that is legally deemed confidential and should not be made public;
- Considered pornographic, obscene, or defamatory in nature, including images of or links to inappropriate sexual content;
- Openly advocates for violence or makes a direct threat of violence to an individual or group;
- Promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, creed, color, age, religion, gender, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, mental status, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy status, national origin, status with regard to public assistance, or any legally protected class;
- Solicitations of commerce, spam, advertisements or marketing of private business enterprise(s);
- Conducts, encourages or promotes illegal activity of any kind;
- Includes information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems/infrastructure, including malware;
- Appears to violate the intellectual property, legal ownership interest, or copyright of any other party;
- Promotes or endorses political campaigns or candidates; or
- Contains personal identifying information or sensitive personal information (i.e. a physical address, phone number or social security number).
The City of Nassau Bay logo is a copyrighted graphic and cannot be used in any manner without prior written consent of the City of Nassau Bay.