Click here to view the Nassau Bay (Precinct 307) SAMPLE BALLOT (the sample ballot contains all races and propositions seen by a Nassau Bay resident on the November 3rd ballot).
To vote in a Harris County election, you must be registered to vote at least 30 days before the election date. To change your name or address, a completed and signed application is also required. Simply pick up a voter registration application, fill it out, and mail it at least 30 days before the election date. You can start the voter registrations process at RocktheVote.com.
You are eligible to register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 18 years old on Election Day;
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
Are you already registered?
To confirm your voter registration status, you may select one of three methods to perform a search:
- Your Texas driver’s license number, if you provided it when you applied for voter registration;
- Your Voter Unique Identifier (VUID), which appears on your voter registration certificate;
- Your first and last name.
Voting By Mail
Applying for a Ballot by Mail
If you are 65 years of age or older; disabled; out of the county on election day AND during early voting; or confined in jail, but otherwise eligible, you may be eligible to cast your vote by mail.
Applications for ballot by mail (ABBMs) should be mailed to:
Harris County Clerk
Attn: Elections Division
P.O. Box 1148
Houston, TX 77251-1148
Voters may obtain an application for a mail-in ballot (ABBM) by downloading it from www.HarrisVotes.com, calling 713.755.6965, or sending a message to BBM@cco.hctx.net. Nassau Bay residents can also contact City Secretary Sandra Ham at firstname.lastname@example.org or (281) 336-6281 and she can assist you in obtaining an application.
You can email the application to BBM@cco.hctx.net or fax the application to fax numbers (713)-755-4983 or (713)-437-8683. Please note, the law has changed. To be effective, an application for ballot by mail submitted by FAX or EMAIL must also be submitted by mail and be received by the early voting clerk not later than the fourth business day after the transmission by fax or email is received. (TEC 84.007).
The deadline to apply for a mail-in ballot is October 23rd. Harris County must RECEIVE your application by this date (not postmarked by this date).
All applications for a ballot by mail that were filed for the May 2nd election and marked annual are valid for the November 3rd election. Additionally, single-use ABBMs submitted for reasons of age or disability remain valid for the November 3rd election. A single-use ABBM submitted due to absence from the county is NOT valid as the election date has changed.
You can track the status of your mail-in-ballot at https://harrisvotes.com/Tracking. You will need to enter your birthdate and driver’s license or last 4 digits of their social security number to access the tracking look-up tool. After using the look-up tool, if you stll have questions about your mail ballot status, please call Harris County at 713.755.6965.
Returning Your Ballot
A completed mail ballot MUST be returned to the Harris County Clerk’s Office in the Official Carrier Envelope provided to you. It may be returned in any of the following manners:
- Regular residential mail via United States Postal Service;
- Ballot must be postmarked by 7:00 p.m. on Election Day and must be received by 5:00 p.m. on November 4 (the day after Election Day)
- In-person drop off at any of the Harris County Clerk Annex locationsduring regular business hours through Election Day, November 3, 2020, at 7:00 p.m.;
- You must present an acceptable form of photo identification
- If a voter does not possess and cannot reasonably obtain an acceptable form of photo identification, the voter may show a List B identification and complete a reasonable impediment declaration (RID)
- Only the voter may deliver their ballot in person.
- The closest dropoff location for Nassau Bay residents is:
- HCCO Clear Lake Annex
16603 Buccaneer Ln
Houston, TX 77062
Note: This location ONLY accepts vote by mail applications and ballots.
- HCCO Clear Lake Annex
- Common or contract carrier; such as personal courier, or FedEx or UPS, or other contracted mail service
- Ballot must be received by 7:00 p.m. on Election Day
- If the carrier provides a receipt mark indicating a time before 7:00 p.m. on Election Day, it may be received by 5:00 p.m. on November 4 (the day after Election Day)
Important Notes: A voted ballot postmarked by Election Day must be received by the early voting clerk no later than 5:00 pm on the next business day after Election Day. If there is no postmarked, the early voting clerk must receive these ballots by 7:00 pm on Election Day.
Early voting by personal appearance will be conducted by Harris County beginning Tuesday, October 13, 2020 and ending Friday, October 30, 2020. All Early Voting and Election Day polling locations are open to all eligible voters in Harris County. Polling locations can be found by visiting www.harrisvotes.com (the list is not final and may change).
These are the three closest Early Voting locations for Nassau Bay residents:
1. Clear Lake Islamic Center - Community Hall, 17511 El Camino Real, Houston, TX 77058
2. Webster Recreation Center - Civic Center, 311 Pennsylvania Avenue, Webster, TX 77598
3. University of Houston Clear Lake - Garden Room, 2700 Bay Area Boulevard, Houston, TX 77058
Early Voting Hours are as follows (subject to change):
Tuesday to Saturday
October 13, 2020 to October 17, 2020
7:00am to 7:00pm
October 18, 2020
12:00pm to 7:00pm
Monday to Saturday
October 19, 2020 to October 24, 2020
7:00am to 7:00pm
October 25, 2020
12:00pm to 7:00pm
|Monday||October 26, 2020||7:00am to 7:00pm|
Tuesday to Thursday
October 27, 2020 to October 29, 2020
7:00am to 10:00pm
October 30, 2020
7:00am to 7:00pm
Election Day Information
Voting will be conducted on Election Day, November 3, 2020, from 7:00 am - 7:00 pm at Nassau Bay City Hall, 1800 Space Park, Suite 200, Nassau Bay, Texas 77058.
- Make sure you bring one of these accepted forms of identification:
- Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
- Texas Handgun License issued by DPS
- United States Military Identification Card containing the person’s photograph
- United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States Passport (book or card)
If a voter does not possess and cannot reasonably obtain a photo ID, they may still cast a regular ballot by presenting a supporting form of ID and executing a Reasonable Impediment Declaration, noting the voter’s reasonable impediment to obtaining an acceptable form of photo identification.
Drive Thru Voting (DTV)
Harris County is also providing several Drive Thru Voting (DTV) locations for Election Day voters. DTV was created in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic as a safer, socially-distant alternative to walk-in voting for all voters. Harris County is the first jurisdiction in Texas history to create this new method of voting at scale that allows any registered voter to cast their ballot without leaving the comfort of their vehicle. All DTV sites will be open during the same hours as walk-in voting for both Early Voting and Election Day. (More information can be found at harrisvotes.com/dtv.)
The closest Drive Thru Voting location is:
- John Phelps Harris County Courthouse Annex (Drive-thru)
101 South Richey Street
Pasadena, TX 77506
Just an FYI: When you go vote, you can bring a marked sample ballot or a Voters Guide into the voting booth with you.
Drive Thru Voting vs Curbside Voting
|Drive Thru Voting||Curbside Voting|
|Eligibility||Open to All Voters||Voters with Disabilities only|
|Locations||Only 10 Polling Sites||All Polling Sites|