Keep Nassau Bay Beautiful (KNBB) will host its third annual Fall Sweep for the City of Nassau Bay's parks on Saturday, November 6th, from 8:30am to 11:30am. Volunteers are asked to meet at the pavilion in David Braun Park at 8:30am to sign up and receive instructions, maps, and equipment.
Volunteers will be asked to select from several planned activities in Swan Lagoon Park, David Braun Park and Howard Ward Park. You can register to volunteer on our website here: Fall Sweep Signup
For more information about volunteering, please contact KNBB Chairman Roscoe Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
David Braun Park
- Shore line clean up along Clear Creek from the Peninsula Gate to Parking Lot at David Braun Park. Trash bags and pick up sticks will be provided.
- Shore line clean up along Clear Creek from the Waste Water Treatment Plant to the Parking Lot at David Braun Park. Trash bags and pick up sticks will be provided.
- Tree branch trimming along walking path from David Braun Parking Lot to Waste Water Treatment Plant.
- Tree branch trimming along walking path from Lake Nassau Board walk to Founder's Park on Lake Nassau side.
- Weed three concrete planters by Pavilion and add mulch.
- Weed two concrete planters at entrance to David Braun Park and add mulch. (Martinique and Upper Bay Rd).
- Cut down two dead trees on each side of sidewalk from entrance to David Braun Park to Reflection Garden.
- Joint with Garden Club - trim/remove shrubs in Reflection Garden; weed; and spread mulch with Nassau Bay Garden Club supervision.
- Joint with Garden Club - trim/remove shrubs/dead palm tree; weed; and spread mulch at two gardens at entrance to Braun Park with Nassau Bay Garden Club supervision.
Howard Ward Park
1. Trim shrubs along Vinland. (4 areas). Spread mulch.
2. Weed and mulch Exercise Area by Upper Bay Rd.
3. Joint with Garden Club: Trim shrubs; remove dead shrubs; weed; and spread mulch at Tranquility Arbor.
Swan Lagoon Park
1. Trim branches of trees/shrubs along walkway.
2. Trim shrubs by Swan Lagoon Park Sign on Lagoon Drive.