Early Voting for the May 2, 2020 Election - Begins April 20th
Early Voting will be held in the City Hall Council Chamber (1800 Space Park Drive, Suite 200) from April 20th to April 28th. Voters can stop by from 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday, April 20th through Friday, April 24th. On Monday, April 27th and Tuesday, April 28th, voters can cast their ballots from 7:00am to 7:00pm. Early Voting Schedule:
|Monday||April 20, 2020||8:00am to 5:00pm|
|Tuesday||April 21, 2020||8:00am to 5:00pm|
|Wednesday||April 22, 2020||8:00am to 5:00pm|
|Thursday||April 23, 2020||8:00am to 5:00pm|
|Friday||April 24, 2020||8:00am to 5:00pm|
|Monday||April 27, 2020||7:00am to 7:00pm|
|Tuesday||April 28, 2020||7:00am to 7:00pm|
Election Day for the May 2, 2020 Election
Election Day is Saturday, May 2nd. Voting will be held in the City Hall Council Chamber from 7:00am to 7:00pm.
- Make sure you bring one of these accepted forms of identification:
- Texas Driver License issued by the Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS)
- Texas Election Identification Certificate issued by DPS
- Texas Personal Identification Card issued by DPS
- Texas Handgun License issued by DPS
- United States Military Identification Card containing the person’s photograph
- United States Citizenship Certificate containing the person’s photograph
- United States Passport (book or card)
If a voter does not possess and cannot reasonably obtain a photo ID, they may still cast a regular ballot by presenting a supporting form of ID and executing a Reasonable Impediment Declaration, noting the voter’s reasonable impediment to obtaining an acceptable form of photo identification.
Just an FYI: When you go vote, you can bring a marked sample ballot or a Voters Guide into the voting booth with you.
To vote in a Harris County election, you must be registered to vote at least 30 days before the election date. To change your name or address, a completed and signed application is also required. Simply pick up a voter registration application, fill it out, and mail it at least 30 days before the election date. You can start the voter registrations process at RocktheVote.com.
You are eligible to register to vote if:
- You are a United States citizen;
- You are a resident of the county where you submit the application;
- You are at least 18 years old on Election Day;
- You are not a convicted felon (you may be eligible to vote if you have completed your sentence, probation, and parole); and
- You have not been declared by a court exercising probate jurisdiction to be either totally mentally incapacitated or partially mentally incapacitated without the right to vote.
Are you already registered?
To confirm your voter registration status, you may select one of three methods to perform a search:
- Your Texas driver’s license number, if you provided it when you applied for voter registration;
- Your Voter Unique Identifier (VUID), which appears on your voter registration certificate;
- Your first and last name.
Voting by mail
If you are 65 years of age or older; disabled; out of the county on election day AND during early voting; or confined in jail, but otherwise eligible, you may be eligible to cast your vote by mail.
Applications for ballot by mail should be mailed to:
Sandra Ham, Early Voting Clerk
City of Nassau Bay
1800 Space Park Drive, Suite 200
Nassau Bay, Texas 77058
Applications for ballot by mail can also be requested by calling the Harris County Elections Division at 713.755.6965. Applications can also be obtained through the County’s website: www.harrisvotes.com.
Applications for ballot by mail must be received no later than the close of business on April 20, 2020.