- Boards & Commissions
- Charter Review Commission
Charter Review Commission
Appointment of Charter Review Commission
Every five years the City of Nassau Bay appoints five citizens to a Charter Review Commission, in order to review, receive public input and provide a report to City Council on possible changes/amendments to the City of Nassau Bay Charter.
Duties of the Commission
- Inquire into the operation of the city government under the charter provisions and determine whether any such provisions require revision. To this end public hearings may be held; and the commission shall have the power to compel the attendance of any officer or employee of the city and require the submission of any of the city records which it may deem necessary to the conduct of such hearing.
- Propose any recommendations it may deem desirable to insure compliance with the provisions of the charter by the several departments of the city government.
- Propose, if it deems desirable, amendments to this charter to improve the effective application of the charter to current conditions.
- Report its finding and present its proposed amendments, if any, to the council.
Action by City Council
The City Council shall receive and announce that any report presented by the Charter Review Commission is available for review by interested citizens during regular hours at city hall, shall consider any recommendations made, and if any amendments be presented as part of such report, may order such amendment or amendments to be submitted to the voters of the city in the manner provided by Chapter 13 of Title 28 of the Revised Civil Statutes of Texas, 1925, as now or hereafter amended.
Term of Office
The term of office of the Charter Review Commission shall be six (6) months, and at the completion of such term a report shall be presented to the council, and all records of the proceedings of such commission shall be filed with the city secretary and shall become a public record.
At the July 9, 2018 Regular City Council meeting, Council appointed by Resolution No. R2018-2151 the following citizens to the Commission:
- Bob Warters
- Sandra Mossman
- Dick Gregg, III
- Tuie Lee
- Rena Bozak