Sanitation - Residential
Residential Trash Pick-Up
AmeriWaste looks forward to providing you exceptional service in the City of Nassau Bay. The following is an outline of services to be provided along with our collection policies:
Residential trash is collected on Monday and Thursday between 7:00am - 7:00pm. Items must be placed out for collection and visible from the street by 7:00am.
Observed Holidays are New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas. If pickup day falls on an observed holiday, pickup will resume on the next regularly scheduled pickup day.
- Residents are responsible for providing their own garbage containers. Containers must be greater than 20-gallons but not more than 30-gallons in capacity, with tight-fitting lids to prevent animals from entering the container. The contents shall not exceed 75 pounds and there must be adequate handles to pick up the container.
- Citizens should keep their household trash at the garage or back door location and visible from the street for collection.
- Heavy trash is collected on Mondays CURBSIDE. Appliances, furniture, mattresses, and similar items may be placed curbside for collection, provided that they do not exceed 50Ibs in weight. Certain items and volume may require additional fees. We cannot go onto private property to remove any items. Appliances that contain refrigerant must be drained and tagged by a certified refrigerant recycler prior to disposal. Water heaters need to be drained. Sheetrock, concrete, lumber, bricks or similar items are considered construction debris and will require special pick up with additional fees. Please contact the Ameriwaste Customer Service Office at 281-331-8400 to have these items picked up.
- Any equipment containing Freon or other liquids, gases, or material that may be harmful to the environment must be removed and tagged by a certified technician prior to pick up (most appliance repairmen are able to provide this service).
- Green waste is collected on Monday CURBSIDE. Brush, tree limbs, and clippings should be cut, bundled, tied and no greater than 5ft in length or 50 lbs in weight. Limit of 10 bags or bundles of green waste combination per collection day.
- No hazardous materials are allowed.
- To keep our neighborhoods clean and free of debris, please place all curbside items at the curb the night before the scheduled day of pickup.
- AmeriWaste provides residential recycling for a small annual fee: Residential Recycling